NFDA is the world's leading funeral service association, serving 19,000 individual members who represent more than 10,200 funeral homes in the United States and internationally.
From its headquarters in Brookfield, Wis., and its Advocacy office in Washington, D.C., NFDA informs, educates and advocates to help members enhance the quality of service they provide to families.
NYSFDAwas founded in 1889, and is the oldest funeral directors association in the United States and is headquartered in Albany, New York.
Membership in NYSFDA is available to any funeral firm licensed by the State of New York as well as all funeral directors, undertakers, embalmers or residents licensed by the State of New York who are owners, partners or employees of a New York State licensed funeral firm. Currently representing close to 900 funeral firms in New York State.
All NYSFDA members adhere to an enforceable Code of Ethics.
The Nassau-Suffolk Funeral Directors Association (NSFDA), founded during the mid-1980s, is an organization of New York State Licensed Funeral Directors and New York State Registered Funeral Firms dedicated to:
- Promoting high ethical and business standards in the Funeral profession
- Supporting those who minister daily to the needs of the bereaved
- Providing the continuing education necessary for individual enhancement and in order to meet New York State licensing requirements
- Upholding the excellence of the various mortuary science schools at which its members were educated
- Advancing the interaction between Licensed Funeral Directors and those agencies with which they deal on behalf of themselves and the families they serve.
The Knights of Columbus was formed to render financial aid to members and their families. Mutual aid and assistance are offered to sick, disabled and needy members and their families. Social and intellectual fellowship is promoted among members and their families through educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief and public relief works.
Mineola, NY Chamber of Commerce is the home of the county seat, one of the largest chambers on Long Island serving the businesses of Mineola and the surrounding areas.